The Willcox Family

Sunday, January 17, 2010

28 Years Later

Wednesday night I had a meeting and Dan was going to put Madelyn down and then do a little homework in peace and quiet while I was gone. I left the house around 6:30 and drove over to the church. Little did I know while I was gone there was a different plan in the works. I guess this is what Dan thought I meant when I said, "All you have to do is rock her to sleep".


PARTY AT BEST BUY! I didn't have any idea what was going on, but turns out Dan and Madelyn had snuck out to Best Buy for a little shopping. When I got home from my meeting early, which didn't exist because it was really scheduled the following week, the house was empty and I began to have a mini panic attack. After convincing myself that there was no way they were at the emergency room, I calmed down and awaited their return. When Dan and Madelyn returned, they were a bit sheepish for being caught out of bed, but wouldn't let me get to the bottom of their shennanigans.
The next day was swim class and my birthday! We woke-up ate breakfast, left for swim and came back to take a little nap. When we woke-up from our nap, Dan had come home early from school to hang out with us. I convinced him it would be a good idea to let me open my gift before he had to go back to school. (And yes, we have incorporated our Christmas tree in our permanant interior home decor.)
Dan had me thinking that the first gift I unwrapped was from him. I opened it and thanked him for it before he revealed to me that he didn't know who it was from at all and only wrapped it up because he figured it was something for my birthday. Turns out he was right.
Thanks Aunt Andrea, I love it! Then he finally let me open my birthday present...

A new computer! I had no clue! I couldn't even guess what he could have gotten me. Completely shocked and amazed. I am one spoiled lady!!! Then after that he took me out to TGI Fridays where I was able to get an appetizer and a dessert. For those of you who don't know I love getting appetizers and desserts. I almost feel like that is all I ever need when I go out to eat.
Madelyn was also able to celebrate with us a little. She had graham crackers as an appetizer, bread as a main course, and sweet potatoes fries for dessert. She was in heaven. One of her favorite foods is sweet potatoes. Who doesn't love their favorite food fried? Fried Oreos, snickers, doughnuts, well you get the picture. Yes, Madelyn is officially American now! (Sorry Aunt Thresea)


Yes, I am wondering if our waiter will ever figure out how to take the picture. He counted to 3 and then just froze. I am not good at holding a smile, but this is as good as it gets!


4 Comments:

  • At January 18, 2010 at 12:02 AM , Blogger The James Family said...

    Happy Birthday Sara!!! That's so awesome about your new computer...I bet that cost way more than a funnel cake! LOL Miss you, give Madelyn a squeeze for me. :)

     
  • At January 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Kim said...

    Happy Birthday Sara! You are a lucky girl!

     
  • At January 24, 2010 at 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When the cat's away...the mice will play!
    I think I like bed time at your house! Love Kalli!!!!

     
  • At January 24, 2010 at 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your computer looks awesome! Kalli said (regarding your shirt) She got it!!!
    Happy Birthday, again! we all love you and Dan and Madelyn sooooo much! We have been reading your blog quite a while today! It is a blast!

    Andi, Ty, and Kal

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home