Christmas Highlights
Let's start at the beginning. Madelyn's first airplane ride was a huge success. I planned and worried my little head about her screaming and crying the whole time, but turns out a mild mannered baby on the ground equals a mild mannered baby in the air. She was a great little traveler. Her favorite part was flashing the fight attendant smiles every time one would walk past. She found a few friends to flirt with, but for the most part she just babbled and played. Once our plane landed we had a little decompression time in the airport. Turns out everyone thought we were coming in at 3 and we landed at 1. After a few surprise "we're here" calls, we were able to snag a ride home from Grandma Shewey.
Christmas Eve.... There was magic in the air, and cookies in the oven. It was just a few more hours until I could start to open that big box in the left corner of the picture. I couldn't wait until I could figure out what Mr. and Mrs. Clause had hiding in there.
First we had our Christmas Eve program where I (Madelyn) got to play the babe born in Bethlehem. All of the girl cousins played Mary, and they did a very good job taking care of me. My cousin Jacob played Joseph, but with three Marys he turned up MIA for the pictures. I don't blame him, in a few more min. I turn up MIA as well. Turns out bed time gets in the way sometimes.
Madelyn couldn't be any happier then she was opening her big box!

Somewhere in the middle of opening my box Grandma talked mom into helping me! Grandma was getting a little excited to see what Santa had brought me.
My very own pink poka-dot chair. I love it!!!! Recently I have been sitting up to play. I love sitting more than rolling or crawling, this is just what I needed!



After the Christmas festivities we went over to Grandma Willcox's to open more presents and to have our traditional Christmas picnic. It was as always tasty!!
Somewhere in the middle of opening my box Grandma talked mom into helping me! Grandma was getting a little excited to see what Santa had brought me.
After the Christmas festivities we went over to Grandma Willcox's to open more presents and to have our traditional Christmas picnic. It was as always tasty!!
A little while later Grandma Shewey gave me a few lessons on the piano. She taught me the C scale, and told me to practice for 6 months. That is when I get lesson #2.
The day after Christmas we all decided to go and see the ginger bread houses at the Idaho Falls Museum. Don't ask me why, but we all match. A matching day always equals a picture so here we are sporting our Air Force Pride with a little New Mexican baby and a Red Grandma.
Just hanging out with Grandma in my new chair!
Over Christmas break Madelyn got a little ear infection. We went to the doctor and he gave her amoxacillin. One of the side effects to amoxacillin was bath time due to adverse effects of the drug. And who doesn't love a good picture of bath time.

Because of Madelyn's ear infection we were able to experience a little Christmas Miracle. Our plane was over weight and they asked for volunteers to give up their seats and fly on a later flight leaving out of Idaho Falls. We were so excited not to fly with an ear infection that I sent Dan running up to the counter to volunteer. The man behind the desk pulled a few strings and took an extra standby passenger just to help us stay for a few more days. It was AMAZING! After that we decided to stay with Grandma Willcox for a few more days of rest and relaxation.
Here we are re-cooperating! Madelyn is doing better then me at this point. She is learning how to blow air through a straw. Looks like spit wad prep to me.


Because of Madelyn's ear infection we were able to experience a little Christmas Miracle. Our plane was over weight and they asked for volunteers to give up their seats and fly on a later flight leaving out of Idaho Falls. We were so excited not to fly with an ear infection that I sent Dan running up to the counter to volunteer. The man behind the desk pulled a few strings and took an extra standby passenger just to help us stay for a few more days. It was AMAZING! After that we decided to stay with Grandma Willcox for a few more days of rest and relaxation.
Overall, we had a great time in Idaho! We love going home to visit family and loved ones. We caught a flight back on the 3rd of January, which was a little stressful because Dan had class the next day. But, with a fast Jeep drop off by our good friends in Chicago, and a great dinner in South Bend, we were able to make it to Dayton by 2:00am with no trouble at all. Madelyn was so sleepy from the flight that she slept all the way home (what a miracle)! We can't wait to see everyone again this summer!

3 Comments:
At January 8, 2010 at 6:48 PM ,
Kim said...
We're very glad that you made it home! Avery has kept asking Heavenly Father is her prayers "to please bless Dan and Sara and baby Madelyn to drive home safely". It went on for a few days so we were hoping you were already home and not still driving. It was great seeing you all and we loved the treats!!! THANK YOU!
At January 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM ,
Kristen said...
I was excited to see a Christmas update! Madelyn is so cute. Glad you had such a great time. It is so good to be "home" for the holidays. Have you seen my blog lately? If not, check it out sometime.
At January 15, 2010 at 1:41 AM ,
Yvonne said...
Oh my heck! I wish I had known you came home for Christmas this year - we did too! My first Christmas 'home' in 7 years since before the mission! But I didn't see you guys at church, so did you fly back before Sunday? Or did you stay home so you could spend your precious time with family?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home