Happy Anniversary
February 25th marked our 5th wedding anniversary. I cannot believe we have been married for five years. I guess this is a big one, but who gives wood on a big year. If you are wondering the 5th anniversary is the wood one. Well, this year the only thing I could think of was a picture frame. So, we finally have a family picture to hang up on our wall after five year of marriage.
We decided to go out for pizza and root beer for our Anniversary dinner. I know how romantic, but when you are pregnant and you love root beer then it turns out to be perfect.
First there was the proposal. I mostly just remember being really mad at Dan for going to some movie with his singles branch (a church group) and not calling me afterwards like he said he would. I knew he was falling in love with some other girl from his church and I was jealous. The next morning I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I thought it was my brother in-law and so I rolled over and put the blanket over my head. Again another knock, and again I ignored it. Next thing my phone started ringing and it was Dan. I was so mad I didn't answer it the first time. I hid it under my pillow. Then he called again. I answered it and he asked if he could come in my room. I am sure I didn't answer because at this point I was all confused. Last thing I knew he was in Texas hitting on some girl I didn't know and I was in Idaho missing him. So when he heard no answer he walked in. I sat up in bed stared and him, then thought I was dreaming laid back down, put the blanket over my head, and went back to sleep. Then when I realized he didn't go away I sat up again. He came to the side of the bed and knelt down on one knee. I was in complete shock and I am sure I asked him something dumb like, "are you really going to do it?" Luckily he knew to ignore me and went about asking me to marry him. I said yes of course.
After a long six month engagement came the wedding day.
I think I started getting ready at like 4:00 in the morning even though my ceremony was at 11:00. I have to post this picture of my hair because there is a chance I will never be able to do it like this again.
We decided to go out for pizza and root beer for our Anniversary dinner. I know how romantic, but when you are pregnant and you love root beer then it turns out to be perfect.
After dinner we came home, put Madelyn down and then we put together our wedding album. Yes, it has taken us five years to accomplish this little task as well. It turned out to be the perfect thing to do on our fifth year anniversary. It was fun to walk down memory lane and remember some of those old feelings of being nervous, and excited all at once. It was so fun that I thought I would post some pictures.
First there was the proposal. I mostly just remember being really mad at Dan for going to some movie with his singles branch (a church group) and not calling me afterwards like he said he would. I knew he was falling in love with some other girl from his church and I was jealous. The next morning I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I thought it was my brother in-law and so I rolled over and put the blanket over my head. Again another knock, and again I ignored it. Next thing my phone started ringing and it was Dan. I was so mad I didn't answer it the first time. I hid it under my pillow. Then he called again. I answered it and he asked if he could come in my room. I am sure I didn't answer because at this point I was all confused. Last thing I knew he was in Texas hitting on some girl I didn't know and I was in Idaho missing him. So when he heard no answer he walked in. I sat up in bed stared and him, then thought I was dreaming laid back down, put the blanket over my head, and went back to sleep. Then when I realized he didn't go away I sat up again. He came to the side of the bed and knelt down on one knee. I was in complete shock and I am sure I asked him something dumb like, "are you really going to do it?" Luckily he knew to ignore me and went about asking me to marry him. I said yes of course.
After a long six month engagement came the wedding day.
I think I started getting ready at like 4:00 in the morning even though my ceremony was at 11:00. I have to post this picture of my hair because there is a chance I will never be able to do it like this again.
My last moments as a Shewey. Right before we left for the temple.
First moments as husband and wife.
Of course the cake. I loved it and my mom made it.
And last but not least the Honeymoon to Jackson Hole Wyoming!
I still think it all adds up to be one of the best weeks of my life! I would do it all again if I had the chance.








2 Comments:
At March 6, 2011 at 9:19 PM ,
Kristen said...
Congrats on 5 years! I loved to look at your wedding pictures.
At March 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM ,
Monk's said...
What a fairy tale wedding story, I love it! You guys were meant to be together. Thanks for being an example to all of us for being so true to yourself Sara. I hope it's okay that I share your story every chance i get. Happy Anniversary to you guys! San Diego sounds fun to me! Go for it and enjoy the ride. . .
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home