Orchardly Park Again!
There was a playgroup at Orchardly Park and of course Madelyn and I were excited to attend. Here is a video of Madelyn playing in the water.
This week Madelyn has started showing compassion to others when she has noticed they might be sad! I never knew I would be so proud of her for sharing a teddy bear or a shovel. I expected those moments would come when she brought home her first 100%, did well at sports, or music. It all started on Sunday when a lady in our ward was crying after saying goodbye to the primary because she was moving. Madelyn notice she was crying and she brought her teddy bear over to her to make her feel better. I was completely shocked because I don't remember teaching her to comfort others when they were sad. This was something she did all on her own. Anyway, a similar thing happened today at the park. If you watch the movie closely you will notice that a little boy gets ran over by a big kid and starts crying. After a few minutes of assessing the situation Madelyn brought him her shovel. I was so proud of her!! I usually have a hard time getting her to share her toys, but I guess if she thinks someone needs them worse than she does then she has no problem! I am so glad to observe these precious moments and hope she never grows too old to show compassion.
This week Madelyn has started showing compassion to others when she has noticed they might be sad! I never knew I would be so proud of her for sharing a teddy bear or a shovel. I expected those moments would come when she brought home her first 100%, did well at sports, or music. It all started on Sunday when a lady in our ward was crying after saying goodbye to the primary because she was moving. Madelyn notice she was crying and she brought her teddy bear over to her to make her feel better. I was completely shocked because I don't remember teaching her to comfort others when they were sad. This was something she did all on her own. Anyway, a similar thing happened today at the park. If you watch the movie closely you will notice that a little boy gets ran over by a big kid and starts crying. After a few minutes of assessing the situation Madelyn brought him her shovel. I was so proud of her!! I usually have a hard time getting her to share her toys, but I guess if she thinks someone needs them worse than she does then she has no problem! I am so glad to observe these precious moments and hope she never grows too old to show compassion.

1 Comments:
At August 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM ,
Kristen said...
That's so cute! It's because you are naturally like that.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home