Winter Fun
Recently Madelyn has been exploring every nook and crany of her kitchen. I knew she liked playing with it, but I never imagined I would find her sitting in the oven, or playing peek-a-boo from inside the refridgerator. She has started to turn into a real kid. I am often suprised by the things she comes up with.
It finally snowed here in Ohio. We have been waiting for the snow to come for a very long time. I started teaching Madelyn how to make snowflakes out of paper in October, and I think she was beginning to mix up the color white for the word snow by the beginning of January. Thank goodness the snow finally fell from the sky and we were able to go play in it. She loves the snow and she lasted longer outside than I thought she would.
Last but not least we celebrated my birthday on Friday. One year older and wiser I guess, but really just one year closer to being over the hill. I think this was officially my last birthday that I will celebrate my real age. I guess it is time to stop adding on the years. The only bad thing about this plan is that no matter how many people I tell that I am 21 my wrinkles will start telling them other wise.
However much I enjoy complaining, I am lucky to have a great husband who knew just how to make it a special day. He bought me daisies to brighten up my morning, a wheat grinder to keep me younger, and an ice cream cake to keep me content. It ended up being a good day considering I fell on the ice, had to take Madelyn to the doctor, and the vacuum belt broke a few hours before our friends came over for dinner. In the end I am greatful I have a loving family and friends who I could share my birthday with.





1 Comments:
At January 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM ,
Marnae and Clint Carter said...
she is so cute! I love the picture with her in the oven! And happy b-day!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home