Happy 28th!
The night before Dan's birthday I asked him what he wanted. Well, if you know Dan, you know that he never wants anything for himself. This makes it is hard for me to surprise him or even get him anything. However, he did list a few things just to be funny. He asked for a Lightning McQueen pinata with Spiderman driving. He wanted the pinata filled with money and not candy. He also wanted the pinata to be able to with stand some heavy hits with a bat and not break the first time he swung. This gave me a great idea. I went to Kroger and decided to get him a Lightning McQueen balloon and tape a Spiderman on it. Then I filled two blue balloons with some cash and helium. I figured that a balloon wouldn't brake when swung at so it passed some of the criteria. I put them in the living room and had them waiting for him when he got home from school. He thought it was pretty funny. And of course Madelyn was mesmerized by the balloons. She laughed pretty hard when Dan popped them and the money flew out.
Then waiting on the table I had designed my version of Dan's research project. Before this next picture is judged unfairly I must say I have never actually seen any of the equipment Dan is working with. All I had to go off of was the picture in my head that I have formed from Dan explaining it to me. And after a few guesses from Dan, I realized that what I thought it looked like was not really what it actually looks like.
Then on to the main event. The big gift! Dan has had the same cell phone for around 8 years. It was on its last leg and it needed to be replaced. So, I snuck off to T-Mobile and asked around to see what my options were. Turns out when you keep a phone 8 years you are eligible for some pretty need upgrades. Dan was actually surprised I got him a phone and pretty excited about some of its capabilities.

Then lasagna for dinner and fried ice cream for dessert. It is good to say that we are the same age again! Yay for 28!

2 Comments:
At April 8, 2010 at 6:06 PM ,
Kim said...
I'm 28 too!!! (for 14 more days). Looks like Dan had a great birthday! Happy Birthday Dan!
At April 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM ,
The James Family said...
Happy Birthday Dan! Reading this post reminded me that your shower was on Dan's birthday last year. What a great day that was! We miss you guys sooo much. Nothing is the same without you...but looks like you're having fun in OH!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home