The Marathon
The actual Marathon was run Saturday Morning so we decided to go and watch the marathoners finish their race. The picture below cracks me up because it is the first picture where Madelyn actually looks like she posed for it.
Once we made it over to the marathon it wasn't long before we saw the loud F-16 jets were flying over head. This time we were a little better prepared to protect precious ears from the loud noise. It seemed like she actually enjoyed the planes when they weren't so loud!
After we were there for a little while, Madelyn feel asleep and we felt it was safe to head over to the finish line to cheer on the runners as they finished. The last mile was neat because it was on an old runway with static display airplanes lining the finish line. Hopefully this next picture entices some of my friends to come run this marathon next year. As we were watching these runners, I couldn't help remember running my last marathon. I think after 5 years I can finally say I am grateful for my Italian running partner, Davi'd, pulling me through my last 6 miles. At the time I really just wanted my parents to come pick me up.

And this is just a picture of Madelyn playing in her blankets once we got home from the race. She is just a happy little camper!
And this is just a picture of Madelyn playing in her blankets once we got home from the race. She is just a happy little camper!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home