Recap
Here is a disclaimer to all that read this blog. I have decided to list some of our highlights from the past 3 1/2 years in honor of our posterity, but it may be a bit too much information for most everyone. This simply brings the blog up to date in a Reader's Digest version (or for Molly, the infamous bullet format).
1) Engagement (August 13th 2005)
Sorry I don't have a picture, we got engaged before we were into the digital thing. Anyway, Dan showed up one morning in my bedroom while I was still asleep and asked me to marry him. I was trying figure out if I was dreaming or still mad at him for not answering any of my million phone calls the previous evening. Ends up his plane ticket from Texas was worth it because I said yes.
2) Our Wedding (February 25th 2006)
That was, of course, one of the best days of my life. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple while their was still snow on the ground but blue skies above. My dream come true!
3) Jacksonville, Florida (March - August 2006)
These pictures are from when my Dad came out to visit us, and they might be, aside from the friends that I made in the ward, my fondest memories of Jax. It was a little too hot for me there and I remember having heat stroke for probably 4 of the 6 months we were there.


4) Our First Move (August 2006)
We ended up driving both my car "Ready" and Dan's Honda from Jacksonville, FL to Oak Harbor, WA. All I remember is that somewhere in the middle of South Dakota I hit a big pot hole and got a flat tire. Of course there was no cell phone reception and Dan, who was leading at the time, unknowingly kept driving on towards Idaho without me. Meanwhile, I was a damsel in distress to all the single cowboys that were passing by. The only problem was that as soon as they figured out I was married they just took off in their old beat up trucks like there was nothing they could do to help me. After three rejections, Dan figured out I was lost and had turned around to come save me.
We also got to see some our good friends the Champions in Tennessee, visited Nauvoo, saw Mount Rushmore, and drove through Yellowstone in route to Idaho Falls. However, the only thing that sticks out in my mind is the flat tire.
5) Washington (September 2006 - August 2009)
During our time on Whidbey Island we experienced alot of firsts.
a) We rented our first house.
b) We cut down our first x-mas tree.
c) We had our first anniversary.
d) We had our first ferry ride.
e) We had our first family vacation to Canada.
1) Engagement (August 13th 2005)
Sorry I don't have a picture, we got engaged before we were into the digital thing. Anyway, Dan showed up one morning in my bedroom while I was still asleep and asked me to marry him. I was trying figure out if I was dreaming or still mad at him for not answering any of my million phone calls the previous evening. Ends up his plane ticket from Texas was worth it because I said yes.
2) Our Wedding (February 25th 2006)
That was, of course, one of the best days of my life. We got married in the Idaho Falls Temple while their was still snow on the ground but blue skies above. My dream come true!
3) Jacksonville, Florida (March - August 2006)
These pictures are from when my Dad came out to visit us, and they might be, aside from the friends that I made in the ward, my fondest memories of Jax. It was a little too hot for me there and I remember having heat stroke for probably 4 of the 6 months we were there.


4) Our First Move (August 2006)
We ended up driving both my car "Ready" and Dan's Honda from Jacksonville, FL to Oak Harbor, WA. All I remember is that somewhere in the middle of South Dakota I hit a big pot hole and got a flat tire. Of course there was no cell phone reception and Dan, who was leading at the time, unknowingly kept driving on towards Idaho without me. Meanwhile, I was a damsel in distress to all the single cowboys that were passing by. The only problem was that as soon as they figured out I was married they just took off in their old beat up trucks like there was nothing they could do to help me. After three rejections, Dan figured out I was lost and had turned around to come save me.
We also got to see some our good friends the Champions in Tennessee, visited Nauvoo, saw Mount Rushmore, and drove through Yellowstone in route to Idaho Falls. However, the only thing that sticks out in my mind is the flat tire.
5) Washington (September 2006 - August 2009)
During our time on Whidbey Island we experienced alot of firsts.
a) We rented our first house.

b) We cut down our first x-mas tree.
c) We had our first anniversary.
d) We had our first ferry ride.
e) We had our first family vacation to Canada.
During this time we also went to a few places like the Olympic National Forrest, The Mount Vernon Tulip Festival, Leavenworth, WA, Seattle's Pike's Market and the Space Needle. We took up mountain biking but we didn't go nearly as much as we thought we would.
Dan got ready for deployments, traveled the world and then came home, while I got my first teaching job as an elementary school science teacher and also worked at Sylvan Learning Center.
f) To end our time in Washington we had our first baby!
6) We moved to Ohio (August 2009)
*Learning to format in this is going to be a nightmare.



1 Comments:
At September 19, 2009 at 3:14 PM ,
Kim said...
OHIO!!!! That's a lot closer than Washington! Maybe there is hope that we'll see our good friends the Willcox family again!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home